Sunday, February 14, 2010

About That Last Post...

I believe my words were "I'm not in the mood for romance."

I guess romance didn't really care I wasn't in the mood.

First, Dinner at Uchi.  Dinner at Uchi would have been more than enough. 

Wait, let me back up.

First, a dozen red roses arrive at the house Friday night.

Second, dinner at Uchi.

Third.  Halfway into the fabulous meal the hostess walks up to the table holding a gift bag and asks if I'm Clare.  Inside the gift bag?  Gift certificate to a nice spa for oh, pretty much every spa service they offer including a ninety minute massage.  Kid at Christmas - that was me.  I'm not sure what I liked more.  The actual gift, or the experience of having it arrive at the table like that.

Fourth, back at the ranch.  Big box wrapped in red paper.  Yeah...I got to rip open wrapping paper!  Wanna know what it was?  This is maybe my favorite part.  It was a pillow.  Like a super nice deluxe awesome pillow.  And the reason it's my favorite part is because someone listened.  I have been complaining about my crappy pillows and how I need to quit buying cheap pillows at Target but pillow shopping just isn't up there on my list of priorities. 

And the night ended with my passing out mid-sentence (literally) because I am still in incredible pain and the only thing that helps are muscle relaxants.  So maybe that part wasn't all that romantic....

I am not making this stuff up!  I've never had an evening like that.  It was fun.  Admittedly it feels a little strange.  I don't know how to wear romance.  Seriously, it's like my closet.  My style is very classic (I prefer "classic" to "boring").  You won't really find me in anything with ruffles or lace...although sometimes I look at that stuff and think it's pretty but when I try it on, it just doesn't look right on me.  I am more comfortable in tailored clothes with straight lines.  But maybe I could get used to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment