Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sliding Doors and Potato Chips

I've mentioned before that "Sliding Doors" is one of my favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, do. It's just great, and it makes you think a little about how small things can influence our lives.

I have three weeks of too much business travel followed by a week of vacation (adult style) and I am just missing the hell out of Sarah here in the middle of it. This week I'm in East Texas. Livingston, Texas.

Livingston is a long, tough drive and I had to get here last night in order to be at an early meeting in Woodville this morning. Woodville is thirty minutes east of Livingston. I am in the sticks, people!

Anyway, because it is such a haul I was really trying to get out of town Monday by 3:00. That wasn't happening, but I did roll out at about 3:30 but got stopped by the UPS guy at the end of the driveway who hands me an enormous box of...potato chips. That's a whole other story. Anyway, I get the box, take it into the house, and head out the driveway again, now 10 minutes later. I get to the end of my street and see Sarah's dad, on his way to the house with Sarah to get her dance stuff and you know I whipped that car around and followed them back so I could see Sarah's sweet face before I hit the road.

I only got to hug her neck and see her for about five minutes but it made all the difference in the world for both of us.

I'm glad my 104-year-old grandfather sent us a case of potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment